The Porch Swing Company - They stuck me with useless merchandise
Ordered a toddler swing (BSP-015) for grandson's 1st birthday. There were no product specs on the website, but the ropes were described as "tree length" so that sounded pretty good. We added the $35 "corresponding product" mounting brackets (LIG-002) to the order on the seller's recommendation. Stated price included "free shipping".
On arrival, I immediately noted that the swing's ropes were too short, not what I'd have expected from a description of "tree length". They extend less then 36" over the top of the seat, maybe 18" over the head of a seated child. I cannot imagine anything low enough to which I could mount this thing, certainly not a tree. There is not enough length for much of a swing arc and I suspect that the clearance would be potentially unsafe in some cases.
As for the add on items ... the brackets are NOT compatible with the swing for which they were recommended. Both the brackets and the ends of the swing ropes are closed metal rings. You cannot attach the ropes to the brackets that they suggested as "corresponding product".
We tried to contact the company to arrange for return and refund. Not just because the items were unsuitable for us, but because we felt they were not as described. While their website touts their customer service and provides an 800 service number, one cannot speak to a person when calling. All callers are directed to the website. After a week of emails, they agreed to allow me to return the product ... but I must pay the return shipping. AND ... they will charge me a 20% restocking fee. AND ... they will deduct from any refund whatever they say their shipping cost was, because shipping was included in the purchase price.
Needless to say, I am disappointed in this company and likely stuck with these items. I would suggest avoiding The Porch Swing Company and it's affiliate WestChase Shops Inc. Evidently, there are plenty of dissatisfied customers who would agree.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "So disappointed with the company Fathead, all over there site they claim their walls clings remove easily and WON'T DAMAGE WALLS! Had this happen today when removing them (there are..."
- "We have had Jeromes service person to our house three times to look at our sectional because the vinyl fabric started wearing through in the first three months. Each time,..."
- "Service tech agrees with customer that table is damaged and also is Manchester loveseat and lamp. The only reason Havertys accepted returning the lamp is because the victim called Pacific..."
- "Bought a brand new generator tested it and the engine ran fine unfortunately I didn't think to check power output. When the latest storms hit my area I found the..."
- "I have taken many classes on line and I HATE when the teacher chooses PEARSON, every semester is something with this site. This time, I chose to buy an e-text..."
- "BAD BREEDER EXPERIENCE 3D Retrievers - Labrador Retriever Breeder Conroe, TX Recently purchased a 3 year old Lab, who was stated to be in good health, with no known health..."
- "My wife and I recently paid $5,000 in cash to Marlena Martin and she promised my wife a title. However someone else was crowned. My wife and I tried to..."
- "I purchased leather furnature from Living Spaces with extended warranty. They had no record of extended warranty which I have the paperwork. They claim that since I moved from original..."
- " They paid $10,000 are more of expenses for my automobile which if I did not have a warranty I would had paid all out of pockets, they was their..."