The Porch Swing Company - They stuck me with useless merchandise
Ordered a toddler swing (BSP-015) for grandson's 1st birthday. There were no product specs on the website, but the ropes were described as "tree length" so that sounded pretty good. We added the $35 "corresponding product" mounting brackets (LIG-002) to the order on the seller's recommendation. Stated price included "free shipping".
On arrival, I immediately noted that the swing's ropes were too short, not what I'd have expected from a description of "tree length". They extend less then 36" over the top of the seat, maybe 18" over the head of a seated child. I cannot imagine anything low enough to which I could mount this thing, certainly not a tree. There is not enough length for much of a swing arc and I suspect that the clearance would be potentially unsafe in some cases.
As for the add on items ... the brackets are NOT compatible with the swing for which they were recommended. Both the brackets and the ends of the swing ropes are closed metal rings. You cannot attach the ropes to the brackets that they suggested as "corresponding product".
We tried to contact the company to arrange for return and refund. Not just because the items were unsuitable for us, but because we felt they were not as described. While their website touts their customer service and provides an 800 service number, one cannot speak to a person when calling. All callers are directed to the website. After a week of emails, they agreed to allow me to return the product ... but I must pay the return shipping. AND ... they will charge me a 20% restocking fee. AND ... they will deduct from any refund whatever they say their shipping cost was, because shipping was included in the purchase price.
Needless to say, I am disappointed in this company and likely stuck with these items. I would suggest avoiding The Porch Swing Company and it's affiliate WestChase Shops Inc. Evidently, there are plenty of dissatisfied customers who would agree.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I spent over $4000 on the second most expensive tempurpedic mattress in the store. When we got the mattress, we noticed it has several old, dirty stains. They mattress did..."
- "After ordering a 4' swing and speaking with customer service, the swing arrived and was almost 5"inches smaller than plainly advertised! This is the advertising for the product: ..."
- "Purchased leather Big Picture package ($1999.99) from Garner White with the leather protection coverage ($99.00). Leather Is crumbling between the cushions, arm rest, and back rest area (see pics). Product..."
- "I posted a blog post on ISIS-Comesuticals' blog asking about one of their 4 fl oz products that have suddenly been pulled off the market, and I was surprised to..."
- "My wife and I recently paid $5,000 in cash to Marlena Martin and she promised my wife a title. However someone else was crowned. My wife and I tried to..."
- "I purchased Martha Stewart Living kitchen cabinets with Home Depot in Atascadero, CA in May 2014. The upper cabinets were white high gloss laminate called "Picket Fence". The original..."
- "Beware! I would not recommend Gateway Select Properties to anyone! The 'owner' Katherine Work is really a piece of Work! Do NOT, i repeat, DO NOT sign their faulty lease..."
- "Had a action figure sent to the house. The box was completely open,missing items,no shipping label. customer service was absolutely horrible. incompetent extremely unhelpful workers. four times I called customer..."
- "I order a Dallas Cowboy Decanter Set in July or beginning of August, they stated it will be shipped. After about a week or 2 I called because I didn't..."