Ordered a toddler swing (BSP-015) for grandson's 1st birthday. There were no product specs on the website, but the ropes were described as "tree length" so that sounded pretty good. We added the $35 "corresponding product" mounting brackets (LIG-002) to the order on the seller's recommendation. Stated price included "free shipping".
On arrival, I immediately noted that the swing's ropes were too short, not what I'd have expected from a description of "tree length". They extend less then 36" over the top of the seat, maybe 18" over the head of a seated child. I cannot imagine anything low enough to which I could mount this thing, certainly not a tree. There is not enough length for much of a swing arc and I suspect that the clearance would be potentially unsafe in some cases.
As for the add on items ... the brackets are NOT compatible with the swing for which they were recommended. Both the brackets and the ends of the swing ropes are closed metal rings. You cannot attach the ropes to the brackets that they suggested as "corresponding product".
We tried to contact the company to arrange for return and refund. Not just because the items were unsuitable for us, but because we felt they were not as described. While their website touts their customer service and provides an 800 service number, one cannot speak to a person when calling. All callers are directed to the website. After a week of emails, they agreed to allow me to return the product ... but I must pay the return shipping. AND ... they will charge me a 20% restocking fee. AND ... they will deduct from any refund whatever they say their shipping cost was, because shipping was included in the purchase price.
Needless to say, I am disappointed in this company and likely stuck with these items. I would suggest avoiding The Porch Swing Company and it's affiliate WestChase Shops Inc. Evidently, there are plenty of dissatisfied customers who would agree.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "The quality of RTG furnitures sucks！ And their so-called "Force Field" treatment is a total scam!!!! Purchased one Cindy Crawford Sidney Road sofa, one loveseat and one ottoman from RTG's supercenter..."
- "Let me start by saying that I really like Modloft design and price points. I was very excited to order and receive the product, however as the previous customer stated,..."
- "10-17-14. Went to American Freights, North Memorial Pkwy,Huntsville Al, Store...I picked sofa, loveseat, recliner for my disabled mother. .I took pictures of the furniture I picked and forwarded pics..to my..."
- "I first received an e-mail stating my business had been reviewed. It showed a mediocre rating by the CEO of MyLife, whom I have never met not had any..."
- "I purchased Martha Stewart Living kitchen cabinets with Home Depot in Atascadero, CA in May 2014. The upper cabinets were white high gloss laminate called "Picket Fence". The original..."
- "SHOCKING DISHONESTY AND FALSE CLAIMS. I was never able to speak to a person. They were supposed to e-mail me when my phone was received and to give me a..."
- "I am posting this review for my Son who has had a Very Negative experience with Ziebart Poe Ave. (Vandalia, Ohio) & Ziebart Troy, Ohio. Avoid Ziebart &..."
- "Be very, very, very cautious of dealing with this company. I will not ever do business with them again. I have been trying to get them to replace a coil..."
- "Justin Holt from Austin commercial will be tried in court for numerous accounts of fraud: conspiracy to terrorism, fraud, misrepresentation, conspiracy to perjury, false advertising, breach of contract, violation of..."