The Porch Swing Company - They stuck me with useless merchandise

2 of 6 The Porch Swing Company reviews

Ordered a toddler swing (BSP-015) for grandson's 1st birthday. There were no product specs on the website, but the ropes were described as "tree length" so that sounded pretty good. We added the $35 "corresponding product" mounting brackets (LIG-002) to the order on the seller's recommendation. Stated price included "free shipping".

On arrival, I immediately noted that the swing's ropes were too short, not what I'd have expected from a description of "tree length". They extend less then 36" over the top of the seat, maybe 18" over the head of a seated child. I cannot imagine anything low enough to which I could mount this thing, certainly not a tree. There is not enough length for much of a swing arc and I suspect that the clearance would be potentially unsafe in some cases.

As for the add on items ... the brackets are NOT compatible with the swing for which they were recommended. Both the brackets and the ends of the swing ropes are closed metal rings. You cannot attach the ropes to the brackets that they suggested as "corresponding product".

We tried to contact the company to arrange for return and refund. Not just because the items were unsuitable for us, but because we felt they were not as described. While their website touts their customer service and provides an 800 service number, one cannot speak to a person when calling. All callers are directed to the website. After a week of emails, they agreed to allow me to return the product ... but I must pay the return shipping. AND ... they will charge me a 20% restocking fee. AND ... they will deduct from any refund whatever they say their shipping cost was, because shipping was included in the purchase price.

Needless to say, I am disappointed in this company and likely stuck with these items. I would suggest avoiding The Porch Swing Company and it's affiliate WestChase Shops Inc. Evidently, there are plenty of dissatisfied customers who would agree.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
2 of 6 The Porch Swing Company reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.